I was determined to complete my title page this weekend and after several hours into last night, I was able to complete it.
I am very happy with how it turned out. I anticipate that while this took me a few hours to complete most of my pages going forward will take less time. In creating PL pages, I knew that I wanted to use only one kit or theme for each page. However, when browsing through my kits, there were at least 2 kits that had certain cards that I wanted to include because I thought they would summarize my theme in life. In this title page, I used Project Life, Honey Edition and Blush Edition. I also used 2 cards from Pebbles, Love you More Than You’ll Ever Know. Some of the embellishments like the yellow dots and the wood letters came from my Studio Calico monthly kits, Blue Note and Copper Mountain. Lastly, my custom cuts of 2014, the cupcake, hearts, and the names were cut using my Silhouette Cameo.
I’m excited to have gotten my title page done, it takes off some of the pressure. Looking forward to the next page and working on my photo editing skills.
So I have been continuing to purchase and collect different items and sets that I thought I needed to get started with Project Life. However, I have the inability to start anything until I feel like I have planned everything out and properly prepared for it. For the last few months, I have been putting together and organizing my craft space to be optimal for project life. I can’t tell you how many pins I must have on project life organization. So here it is, my craft room, well part of it anyways.
While I am still working on my system for organizing my cards, I feel like I am organized enough to finally get started. So I have officially opened my first binder!!!! Big step!!! My goal is to create my title page by the end of the weekend and to post it for all to see.
Just finishing up the last minute scrambling as we prepare for our upcoming trip to Disney World. As I was doing my project life research, I came across a blog called Project Mouse. Here is the link to their blog, http://sahlinstudio.com/project-mouse/
After going through all of their pages, I was in love with what they had created and being such a Disney fanatic family made it obvious that I had to get a majority of their bundles. So I sat down and after downloading all their files, I was able to print them out and use my Cameo Silhouette to cut out all of these cards. Now I am able to fillout all of the cards over the course of our trip. I’m so excited to have cards for characters to sign, take down quotes from the trip, funny memories, delicious food, amazing rides and so much more.
Here are all the bundles I got.
- Project Mouse #1 Basics – Core Kit
- Project Mouse #2 Leading Up to the Magic
- Project Mouse #3 Character Moments
- Project Mouse #4 A Day at the Park
Can’t wait to share the project life layouts when we get back.
As I take down my Christmas decorations and start organizing my home, I am reminded of my resolutions that I have set for myself this year. I wanted something a little different than the norm resolutions of eating better and exercising. I wanted something that I have contemplated doing over the last year and will use the new year as a jumping off point.
- Send homemade cards throughout year – This includes birthday cards, get well cards, engagement cards, baby announcements, Valentines Day, Halloween, Christmas and any other reason to celebrate. I began making cards about 2 years ago. I really enjoy it and have accumulated quite a lot of products from Stampin Up and local craft shops. I am finally done with law school and I have no excuses left not to send out these cards. I have even chosen the layout for the birthday card that I will be sending out this year. I will give you a hint, it has a cupcake on it.
- Start Project Life – I have been researching, browsing, pinning, and buying Project Life stuff for the past 3 months. I have a pretty decent stock of everything I need to begin and my craft room is almost organized. My goal with Project Life is not to complete it every week but rather have binders dedicated to certain periods of time. For example, right now I am starting a binder for 2014. This will include all the activities that occur within the year but it doesn’t have to be weekly. I have already start snapping pictures. Additionally, I am going to work on creating PL binders for events that have recently happened, like a wedding binder that includes the proposal, engagement party, shower, bachelorette party, wedding, mini-honeymoon, and honeymoon.
- Post a New Blog Entry Weekly – I am very new to writing my own blog. I have been following several blogs for the last year but finally just got the nerve to start my own. There is so much to learn and I am hoping that by committing to writing a weekly blog, I will allow myself to not be frightened by this overwhelming yet intriguing process. Let’s hope I can publish this article correctly.
Hope you enjoy! Crista